Alright the more time that I spend here, the more that I love it. Today I went and checked out a ton of appartments. The best one I found was $415 for a single bedroom 7 minutes walking from my school. NICE!!!! I also went to the Kennedy bookstore to get some cheap UK gear. I love them sales and I love speaking with a southern accent. Yeah, for some reason it just comes out of nowhere, but fits so perfectly. Guess all that time in Georgia as a child really stuck to me. But the best has been driving around town and knowing where I am going and all the major streets. I already feel comfortable driving around town. The college is huge and everyone, I mean everyone, wears UK gear. I have never seen so much blue in my life.
I went to Mary Todd Lincoln's home to learn about that first lady and her life of wealth unlike the Pres. Her family didn't really like him because he wasn't connected or educated, little did they know. They used to put candles next to mirrors to have more light. Smart folk.
I also went to the Kentucky Horse Farm where there are over 90 of the 140 breeds of horses shown. I also saw the greatest thouroughbred horse of the 20th century named Cigar. He was in the Hall of Champions with a few other retired race horses. I will post pictures when I get back to the CA. I also saw some Belgian Draft horses, the largest horse there. I also got to see some horse jumping competitions and some mini horses. I saw horses from Spain, France, Russia, some other country that ends with "stan" and China. The really are beautiful and the whole time I was there I thought, "If only Lisa Garcia was here to see this." Then she texted me, so we talked.
I loved just driving throught ht country side. The rolling green hill with white fences is so beautiful. So green and the humidity isn't bad at all. The sunset here is amazing with the sky turning pink and orange and at 930 it's still pretty light outside. It's my favorite time of day.
I went to Institute and the director was awesome and everyone was really nice. I met a boy who served in the same mission as Philip my brother and in the same district as him. So that was really fun and I met a boy who just returned home from a mission in San Diego. What a small crazy world! So I still have to decide whether or not I move here, and I hate that I have to decide right now basically. Well, I should go to bed. Tomorrow its off to the Ville and to see some baseball and boxing fun. Signing off from Appalachia.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment