



I had a great time in Kentucky and the trip was so awesome. I stayed with one of my mission companion's sister and family in Lexington and that was so nice of them. I got in last tuesday night after an amazing 5 hour delay in the Chi-town because of the crazy storms. But when I stopped off the plane and felt that humidity it was like a warm embrace welcoming me home. Wednesday morning I walked around the campus and talked to the people at my program. Very nice and I love love LOVE the accent and picked it up quickly. So I think I already wrote about this on the blog so we will skip to Friday. I went to Louisville and had a fantabulous day all by myself. There is something to say about going on vacation on yourself. I honestly have never made so many phone calls in my whole life. I had no one else to comment on how fun everything was so I just called them.
When I went to the Horse Park and saw the tomb of Man o' War, the greatest race horse ever winning 20 of the 21 races he started I thought of my friend Lisa and when I was watching the horse jumping she texted me, so I had to call her back. I saw 90 of the 140 breeds in the US and saw the large draft horses that are used on farms and when I saw the Tennessee Walker I thought of my grandparents Hall.
When I was in the Louisville Slugger Museum I thought of TJ and Judd especially when I ordered my custom made bat. Outside is a huge 250 foot tall bat, but mine is better. They have over 11,000 types of bats for the pros to choose from and the bats are made from white ash or maple.
Then I went and saw the Muhammad Ali museum and watched a couple of his fights and realized that I don't really like boxing and that guy had some funny poems. I think I just like the fact that he could entertain. He also divorced his first wife because she wouldn't convert to Islam. Nice.
I walked alomg the Ohio river along the first Main Street in the West, according to my friend at the Visitor's Center. She also gave me a fan that said, "I'm a fan of Louisville." I kept it and acutally used it.
I stopped by Thomas Edison's house and learned what that saying, "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite," came from. The straw mattresses were made of straw that bugs loved and they were held up by ropes that needed to be tight so you didn't fall to the ground. I got a personal tour of the house he lived at when he was 19 and was fired from his job at the telegraph company for bringing chemical to the office and ruining his boss' furniture when one went bad. I learned he made the first motion picture and some other stuff I can't remember. I wrote it in my journal. It was fun, but the guy kept talking and I could tell that he wanted me to stay because no one goes there and he was bored.
Louisville was a nice town, but I was ready to leave and go home. And that is exactly what I did. But now I just need to decide what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment