

Last week I went to the San Diego County Fair and WOW it was everything you would think a county fair would be. Lots of vendors shouting at you, dirt, cows, pigs, fried Krispy Kreme Sandwhiches and a whole lot of oil. So we partook of the fine fair cuisine. We shared some Awesome Blossoms, Pizza, Orange Julius, A Royal Banana Sunday all the way(which means everything thing on top), some others ate Turkey leg and other fat-filled food. It all tasted great, but my stomach hurt for 3 days and my bowels were in such a ruckus that I have vowed to never eat that much oil ever again in my whole. And then I remembered that I might be moving to Kentucky, where I am told everything is fried in oil. UMMMM, I can hardly wait for me to be a liar and eat fried food again and to have my bowels so upset with me that they just stop.
So then we hit up the games and this was the best part of the night. We got caught in one carnival man's snare and he wouldn't let us go. First of all, we really wanted the large stuffed tiger and honestly, who doesn't need a large stuffed tiger. Chicks dig it and fellas envy it. So we tried the "simple" game of bouncing the ball of the wall and into the basket. The carnival game kept making it over and over and over again and showing us how. So after 20$ we thought our boy Adam(whom we have no evidence ever went to the fair) would take that carni for everthing hes got. Well, not really and after spending 30 bones on a stupid whiffle ball game, we walked away with 2 pity parting prizes. Say that 3 times fast! One tiger and one deformed lion for Lisa and myself. Now I know why Ruthie never let us play games at the fair, because the carnies take you for everything you've got and then give you a pity prize while they enjoy your money and practice their game to trick more people into playing.
We also stopped by the vendor's area to look at all the crap that I will never need in my life and that I can absolutely live without and be completely happy. Some lady tried to sell me a curling iron for 200$ that didn't even work well. Ahh, the good times. I can't wait to go back.
2 comments:
Sounds like a missed out on a whole lotta fun... I can't believe you got suckered by carnis, the underclass. And to think you just graduated. Maybe your master's degree will smarten you up.
Who is that young man in the blue? My favorite part of the fair is where you get to go visit all of the crated animals and pick one to eat. The turkeys are hard to pick because their feathers hide their meatyness, but you should have chosen a pig or a chubby goat.
At least you got to go away with a toy, I feel badly for the three guys who spent all their money only to walk away with a handful of shame.
Post a Comment