Saturday, July 7, 2007

I LOVE THEM QUILTS!!!!




In my time off from school(all 3 weeks now) I have been crazy busy with my friends, family and most time consuming quilting. How I love to quilt, let me count thy ways:
1) I love the touch of fabric. Many a good time have been spent in fabric stores just running up and down the aisle, arms out, feeling the fabrics.
2) Rosie's Quilt Corner is my favorite quilt store ever. I love how big it is, seeing all the fabrics organized by color and designer and most of all the newest trends in quilting
3) I love fat quarters. To those who don't quilt, it's a quarter of a yard and it is pure heaven to me. I can buy a plethera of fat quarters for $1.50 and make beautiful quilts.
4) Piecing all the fabics together is fun for me and takes my mind to QUILTLAND, a magical place where decisions can not be made and there is no bedtime ever, but watchout sometimes the evil fairies make you sleepy and mess up late at night.
BEWARE!!!!
5) Going back to a fabric store with an unfinnished quilt is autamatically an invite for all workers to look at your quilt and ask questions. LOVE IT!!!!!! I feel really tight with my girl Judy at Beverly's. She loves my quilts.
6) I love when Ruthie finishes my quilts. Which hasn't happened in a while, but she used to do all the crappy end parts. Now that I live far away from her I have to do it and I am getting better about the corners, but she is still the best.
7) The joy a quilt brings. I love to give quilts away, because I think it is such a nice gift to give someone that you really love and appreciate. Homemade stuff is always better and has more thought put into it. I would rather have a homemade gift with thought than the most expensive gift ever.
8) Quilts are warm. I like being warm.
9) Quilts are creative art. So many fabrics and colors to choose from, it helps me express my inner creative freak.
10) Quilting brings families together. Many a night I have spent quilting with my mom, sister, aunts and cousins and have wonderful memories that will last longer than those quilts I made.

1 comment:

Cicada said...

So are you saying that you're not going to buy me a copy of Between Husband and Wife?