So Truth came to town this past weekend. Just in time to see the after effects of the fires that were part of FIRESTORM 2007. She came in Thursday to weather conditions like the high desert and the next morning we had a normal marine layer. I think she brought it in with her from Nor-Cal. Thanks Truth for the good weather. Friday after working 3 hours, I met up with Stephy and Truth to see some Dead Sea Scrolls. It was interesting to see and there were a couple of shout outs to the LDS church. Here's what I learned from the Dead Sea Scroll Exhibit:
1) Dead Sea Water is special because its 56% magnesium chloride and 37% potassium choride and 7% sodium chloride. That's what makes the mud so "special."
2) They were crazy good engineers to get all that water to come uphill into their little compound. Crazy good! It's amazing to see what they were capable of building and being able to live months off one flash flood.
3) I really need to learn Latin. It's one of my life goals and reading some if it just reminded me of what's important, learning a language that isn't spoken anymore outside the Vatican walls.
4) The Roman coins were finely made and Herod wasn't as bad as I thought he was. Normally the ruler had his face put on the coin, but Herod didn't want to upset the Jewish people more, so he had some leaves put on instead. Ahhh, how cute.
5) The guy who found the Scrolls thought it would be a good idea to throw rocks into the cave and break open the jars that contained the scrolls. Good move.
6) If I ever had an archeological island, Truth would be voted off it because she decided that it would be fun to break the pot that I was trying to rebuild. The exhibit was trying to show how hard it would be to put together broken pieces of pottery and I almost had a completed bowl, but then Truth came in like a 2 year old ripping it up. Not nice.
Then we went to the fine arts museum and it was FREE! Love it. For an art major, Stephy doesn't really like looking at fine art, its kind of funny. Then we played games at Stephy and Jer's house. Truth won the bean game, even after I told her "people like you don't win this game." She was being very stingy with her cards and not helping people out. That was a big moment for her and I was put in my place.
Saturday we played tennis and we both felt a little off our A game, but it was still fun. Tj and Judd put up a good game, too bad they had to win it in a tie breaker.
Comment of the Day, "Now I see where Julia gets her temper from." Tj said after Truth hit in the net and showed a little emotion, its funny, but true. Or Truth I should say.
Then the fam minus one Hair of Gold, went to the Wild Animal Park and saw the animals and the firelines near the park. They had a good time while I studied. We ate the wonderful Spice n' Rice in La Jolla and 3 of the 4 party members ate Panang curry, my favorite dish. We watched A Beautiful Mind and called it a night.
Sunday we went to their ward because they were in the Primary Presentation and it was SO CUTE!!! All the little kids tasting the microphone, or speaking really loud or freezing up once they realized all the attention was on them. I miss teaching the sunbeams. Stephy looked so cute up there with all the kids, she'll be a great mumsie.
We had a fun time at my ward for the baptisms and Truth got to meet some of the folks in my life. Then headed off the Waffle Night(my first time) for the best waffles I've ever had in my life. Thank you Waltons! I took her to the airport after that. It was a short trip and I already miss her.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
2 comments:
well miss you poops-a-lot
this is my first time on your blog
ans i must say its really really ok. but i loved the video of you bunngie jumping. thats was cool. and the video of the spanish dancers was ok. i watched about 10 seconds and i dont have sound in this crappy email shop.
well i love you lots and you didnt write me this week so that makes you a big sucker fish with hair of bronze
this is phil
thats elder hall to you
Judd and I own you and Truth at Tennis. I look forward to our rematch.
Post a Comment