Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pictures of Alma



I thought it only appropriate to post some pictures of Quickhands and myself from the mission. These are on her blog and I am known as Switchback, so you can link to her blog and check out some of the fun stories we've had together. I love these picture because:
1)We are on P-Day at a Museum drinking little boxes of pear juice for lunch, sitting on a wall with our legs swinging like we were little kids
2)We are at the park for her birthday
3)We are missionarires in Rome
4)My hair is dark brown
5)Alma has the best boots ever

Some of my favorite memories of Quickhands from the mish are her peanut butter pies, running along the aquaducts, hymns on the harmonica, p-day gelato at Piazza Navona, pizza, christmas at the church, birthday parties in the park, 30 days solo Italiano and the deer noise, the sciopero and the 3 hour walk home when we went to buy a camera, Bruna the blind lady and getting sick in a house with no heat and water for 5 days. She was never my companion, but is my bosom buddy.

P.S. This was when I was dying my hair really dark brown. I dyed it as soon as a found out I was going to Rome-thought it would make me fit in more over there. Kept it up for a while, then one day it didn't work and I've been clean and sober since October 2004. 3 years this month. I don't think I'll dye my hair again unless I get grays for which I can thank Truth because it runs in her family.

4 comments:

Truth said...

My hair is naturally blonde - that's what it says on the bottle! Truth

Anonymous said...

You have lost alot of weight....What's your secert?

Cicada said...

I like your hair dark too, though. And I don't even say that because I'm the one who dyed it.

Anyway. You're the best.

Cicada said...

Also, I just made a peanut butter pie the other day, and I just threw out those boots last week. They were old and worn out enough.