Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Govenator Shook My Hand.....Almost

I have not personally been affected by the massive fires in San Diego county, but I was able to volunteer my time and sort items such as books for kids, teens, adults and baby items like power, food and wipes. I went with TJ and we really had a good time. When were weren't volunteering, we got to listen to a Dave Matthews cover band featuring our good friend Kevin on the drums. They did awesome.
The atmosphere was great and people seemed really relaxed. They had lots of areas for kids to play and color and yoga going on as well. The sense of brotherhood is so strong there. And people are really looking out for each other. It was very calm. There are tons of people dropping stuff off and helping as much as they can. It was awesome to see everyone coming together.
When we found out the Govenator was having a press conference and we rushed straight over there. We got right behind him and multiple people say that they saw TJ. I have yet to be confirmed on screen, but I was wearing a bright blue shirt and I WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! How could I have NOT been seen.(Anonymous you're wrong)
So we made the appropriate concerned faces and clapped at the right time. I was very proud of my performance on TV. It wasn't my first time on the big screen, last time I had a speaking part, but it was good to get re-familiar with the camera. I liked seeing the pieces of tape on the ground telling people where to stand and all the security guards. The Govenator was rolling 10 deep at least with the Escalades and Suburbans.
After the conference the Govenator was shaking hands and almost shook mine. But then moved away. I was so close. TJ took pictures, so I will post those when they come available and will look for the show on Youtube and post it.
Anonymous-You didn't see me on tv because you described me erroneously. But you have given yourself away. I told few people about my television appearance and you knowing to look for me on tv eliminates so many people. No need to post further as anonymous, I know who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know about your Television appearance. You are wrong! I didnt see the govenator clip with you and your friend. I saw a group of volunteers on Wednesday. It looked like you but I guess I was wrong!