


This past weekend I drove to Utah for my mission reunion and it was so much fun. I went all the way with Randy and we dropped of TJ in St. George around 2 in the morning and then I took the wheel for the next 5 hours. We had the best conversation ever. We laughed, we cried, we laughed some more. I can't say enough wonderful things about Randy. He's a jem. We got to Alma and Mike's House at 7 and then I went to sleep and Alma ended up taking the day off of work and we hung out. We went to lunch in the best place in Springville, The Boxcar. Honestly the best salad I've had in a really long time and the service was very nice. Then that night we went to the mission reunion and we saw all the good peeps. Megs, Walsor, Brittney, Price, Whitney, The Rhiens, The Jensens, The Himes, Pearson, Cowley, Wiggins, and the list goes on.
One of the highlights of the evening was seeing the Spinelli Family, a family from Rome. Brother Spinelli whenever he would see Megs(my last comp) and myself would just grab his head with his hand and shake it back and forth saying "Sorelle Sorelle" He was always teasing us, he could dish and he could take it as well. Well, the first thing he sees when he walks in to the room is Megs and me and just starts shaking his head. It was classic Fratello Spinelli, honestly one of my favorite members in Rome. It was so good to see some of the members there. I was able to ask about some people and know how they are doing.
It was fun to see all the missionaries and see who they married or what they were doing now. I didn't ask one person if they were dating, I went straight for "What was your last trip?" That seemed to be a better conversational starter. I met a lot of people for the first time and it made me wonder when they said, "Oh, yeah, I've heard a lot about you." I wonder what they've heard, good or bad. I should've asked them. Most of them have been back to Italy and that makes me want to go more. I need to talk to my financial advisor and see if its in the budget for next year(Please)I really need to go back.
Then on Saturday we watched both sessions of Conference and stuffed envelopes for their big wedding day in less than a month. They are so perfect for each other, so creative, and compliment each other. I just love seeing that in couples. So much fun with them just hanging out and the 3 of us curling up to watch movies every night. I did get to see some really good movies this weekend. One thing I love about their house is the collection of classic Disney, Muppets and Fragile Rock. Amazing Mike!
We met up with Megs and drove to Aunt Margaret's House for the best pizza and cookies ever. She showed us her workout videos of the 60-yr old New Yorker who miscounts and says things like "thees is the eease paart" and "I can feal myelf gettin taaler" She even showed us how the exercises should be done. I touched snow for the first time in 3 years. The last time was on my mission. Margaret got to play with Alma's Iphone and was in heaven. We all decided that we love Aunt Margaret and one reason is that she has no inhibitions. She will make you pose for a picture no matter where you are and she will tell the funniest stories and we love her for that and more. Megs got to meet her on the mission in Rome.
I got to talk to Megs a little and give her the wedding quilt that I made for her a super long time ago. She's a classy gal and SUPER funny. So glad she was my companion. Sunday we watched the first session and listened to the other when we weren't listening to "Rich Dad Poor Dad" on cd. I brought 9 Books on cd for this trip. Maybe that was a little too much, because the conversation was all that we needed. It was a great trip and way too short. I can't wait to go back on November 1st and 10pm and leaving Sunday Novemer 4th at 515pm on JetBlue.
PS Here are some pics of Megs and myself in the Rome 2 area. My last area.
3 comments:
Hey--if you have some time in Nov, we'd love to see you!
I cannot believe that you "went all the way" with Randy and didn't tell me, you ho.
I loved having you here. I can't wait till you're out again so soon!
Should I feel sad that the best conversation ever started right after 'we dropped TJ off'?
Post a Comment