Monday, April 28, 2008

My Fun Weekend

This weekend was super fun. On Friday night we played softball again and this time the lights actually went on, so we played until 9. We had a half time during the 7th inning stretch and ate yummy hot dogs. I really love BBQs. I don't know what it is, but there is something about carcinogenic food that I love. It probably has to be that BBQing is normally associated with good weather=summer=no school=warm sun=my birthday=beach parties=summer lovin'=lots of fruit=boating=padres games and other wonderful things. It's really exponential when you think about it. I hit very well and even had a home run. My team obviously won by a lot and we all had a good time.
Saturday I enjoyed the day at Sea World with Jackie and Dougie from the mish. He was my first zone leader and I was in the MTC with Jackie. He was also her first zone leader and now they are married. I was the maid of honor at their wedding. I was in cahoots with Jackie and we surprised Dougie when I just randomly showed up at Sea World. I wanted to welcome him the same way he welcomed me in to the mish, but the faucets at Sea World are not conducive to water ballon filling. I'll get him next time. We saw the Shamu show(I did not "Believe" that it was his best performance), the pet show(never knew you could train a pig to do that) and the sea otter and seal show.(By far my favorite and not just because of the mime) Here are some highlights of the day:
1)Speaking in Italian was so much fun. We could talk about anything or anyone and no one knew.
2) Reliving all the moments we teased Jackie on the mish(the stress dreams she had over the shower schedule and eating Duplo bars like crazy) My trainer totally thought I would get diabetes from those things
3) Seeing a pregnant whale
4) Discussing diseases
5) Them blaming me for not moving to AZ, me defending myself because I actually did apply there and was rejected. Boo-Ya!
6) Discussing internet dating-too much to write
7) Having another Sled Day from life in general
8) Getting sun burnt on one side of my body, but not the other
9) The all you can eat buffet at Sea World that ran out of cake. I should get my money back because I could've eaten more.

It was so much fun to see them and relive all the fun times and make more memories. That last time that I had seen them was at their wedding. How crazy is that? Now that he's going to be a flyboy, they'll be moving all over the place.
Saturday night was Senor de La Jolla, annual ward man pageant. It was fun to watch. Then I got to stay up really late working on a project that I hope is right. I turned it in today had serious doubts, but oh well. I can't believe the weekend is over already. Yikes!

1 comment:

3703 said...

You were on a roll, (wed., thurs., fri., . . .)You owe us Mon., Tues., Wed.,