Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Living the Dream in Quadrant II

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to hear a great presentation on one of the Habits of Highly Effective People. Numero tres, Weekly Planning. He also spoke about Quadrant II. The perfect world where you complete things in a timely fashion and plan ahead so that important things get done, and you don't lose yourself in urgent matters. My first mission president was a successful businessman and loved this book. We had many zone conferences regarding the things of Effective People. I even wrote 2 personal statements on my mission: one as a missionary and one for after the mission.
Last night I was feeling so motivated, I did weekly planning (something I hated on the mish, and Megs can attest to that hatred). Last night I went through my planner and planned phone calls that I wanted to make, emails to new people on the Enrichment committee, meetings I wanted to schedule in 2 weeks and softball games that I wanted to organize. And low and behold I got it all done. When I called my dad I told him, I was calling him to fulfill the duties as my role of daughter. (My role of daughter is stated on my my mission statement and the phone call was on my to do list.) As I am reading this email to Truth, she candidly points out that I did not put her on the list of important people to call because SHE had to call ME. Truth calls me out of love not out of duty, so she says. But really, she just calls me out.
I'm feeling super motivated (aka afraid of finals) that I am currently writing my 20 page final paper that isn't due for 2 more weeks. I just want it not to be crazy at that time. We'll see how this whole weekly planning thing goes. Tomorrow I have to go to work early, make 2 phone calls for visiting teaching appts on Sunday, go to a homework study group at 7, the gym and then flossing.

No comments: