
This past weekend I was hostess to a party that was out of this world. Literally, out of this world. Stephy is the mothership to a docked baby boy and we decided to welcome him to planet earth will a big warm welcome. We had about 20 people and way to much food. Here are some of the highlights of the day including the softball game after:
1) To play the safety pin game, Truth and Stephy made little alien pins out of pipe cleaner and eyeballs for everyone to wear and lose if they said the word "Baby"
2) The cake had a corner that looked like the moon and was very yummy. Chocolate with strawberry filling.
3) Truth made a space music cd. We had to guess the name and the performer of the song. Does anyone know the name of the David Bowie song? First line "Ground control to number 1." No one at the party did.
4) My vegetarian friend is now a meat eater and I only found out on Saturday after I realized that we had no non-meat sandwich material. I gasped as I saw her take a bite of chicken salad sandwich.
5) There's a gift called a Baby Bather, but I read it from across the room and I thought it said Baby Bother. Stranger still I thought that some apparatus that would poke and prod a baby. Make a baby cry and really bother it. I was laughing.
6) I bought way too much cake. I first ordered a 1/4 sheet then freaked out when 26 people rvsp'ed and switched to the 1/2 sheet. WEll, one baby shower and one softball game with 40 people later, we still had cake. Oh by the way, my baker said that the 1/4 sheet would serve 10 people.
7) My florist Tamara at Ralphs has high dreams of leaving the corporate world and making it on her own as an independent floral artist. I believe in her.
8) Softball that night was awesome. I only wish the lights had turned on and we could've played longer. Tons of people came and I think that we might have found all the people for the league team.
9) So thankful Truth was there to work the grill. She was a big hit and even though I didn't let her bat, she was very supportive of my team.
10) I don't accept that loss because we didn't get our last at bat, so I'm sorry Brannan, it doesn't count.
11) Seeing my good friend Totally Hot get pegged in the face with a line drive and not have any marks or redness.
12) Having my school friend comment that they "enjoyed their Mormon experience" Never heard it phrased like that, but its a good thing.
13) Going home and sleeping for 10 hours for the next 2 nights.
3 comments:
I love that I was there for %95 of those experiences...I AM SO LUCKY!!!
sounds like it was a "blast." a tiny part of me wishes I had been there, but I have to say, I had a fun day as well. But I'm glad you found your league team!
Steph looks so cute! Tell her I said hi :)
Post a Comment