I love driving fast. I think it's some gene that was passed on from my father to all of his children because we all drive super fast and we all love it. It could also be that we all drove BMWs as our first cars and those cars can go, even if they are 20 years old. And we are all so good at speeding too. I know that the gene came from Kim because if I had received a gene from Ruthie it would be the "grab the handlebar with one hand, pound your other fist on the dashboard while yelling BREAKING!!!" while in the passenger seat. I didn't receive that gene, but I love getting Ruthie to do that. It's almost as good as telling her that I'm not going on a mission because I'm unworthy. Almost...
Almost to the point of ridiculousness. I have even received specialized instruction on how to not get a ticket after being pulled over by my father who has attended a plethora of traffic school courses and I am a first hand witness that said method works.
Sure I could tell you about Stephy Steph going 125 mph in LA one sunday morning on her way to a cousin's homecoming and getting her license revoked, but this isn't her blog. It's mine so you'll get to her my fun story with speeding.
So I'm driving to school in the afternoon cruising down not going more than 85. I'm tailgating a red BMW who doesn't think that this would indicate that I would like for him to move over so I can drive off, but he sticks it out. 2 lanes to the right of me is a Black Viper, driven by 2 young handsome lads doing the speed limit. Now when I saw them I thought immediately, "If I had that car I would never go the speed limit." But then I realized in my current car, Campbell I never do go the speed limit so I don't ever need to buy a sports car. Now Campbell is named after the soup company because I'm told my car is so small its a soup can and I'm totally ok with that. The VW Golf is a find German automobile. Back to the story.
The 2 hot guys see me and start going faster, well little did I know, but there is a highway patrol man sitting on the left side of the freeway and the BMW zooms right by him with me right behind, then the Viper. Sure thing the lights and sirens go on and honestly I almsot pee-ed my pants. Seriously my bladder did loosen when I heard that siren and never in my whole life have I been closer to peeing my pants. So we all start moving over, BMW, Viper and myself and merge into normal traffic and we all think that he got us. We are driving along ridiculously slow(65 mph) and the patrolman passes the viper shockingly, (if I were a patrolman I would always take down the sports car).
Then the patrol guy comes along side of me and as I turn to see if he wants me to move over, he keeps going and gets right behind the BMW and pulls him over. The Viper and I continue on our way, and then after a while the Viper pulls up along side of me and both of the guys wave and making gestures indicating that I was "that close to getting a ticket" and we all laugh and then they speed by me.
So what did I learn from this. 1) Never buy a nice car, police will just pull you over 2) If you speed, tailgate, so the other guy gets a ticket 3) You never know where you will make speeding friends. 4) I still enjoy speeding and this did not hinder my desire to speed 5)I will always go to the bathroom before driving.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
5 comments:
It's always the red car that gets stopped...I've been in the red car, when others around me should have gotten the ticket. Darn those red cars, but good for you!
No more speed racing, that is the moral of the story. Driving above the speedlimit is reckless.
Julia, have you ever driven in Europe? I really enjoyed it and knowing that we have similar driving habits I believe that you would enjoy it too.
I am a grandma driver. Speed limit or under is good with me. Doesn't that make you feel better that when I was driving Campbell, I was obeying the traffic rules?
Well...Bruno may drive very very fast, but he always arrives LATE. Very, very late.
Post a Comment