This little schpeel is about a certain lady in my life who is so amazing and whom I've known for a really really really ridiculously long time. I cannot remember the day that we first met but Truth tells me you pushed me off the swimming block to swim my race and lost. We were 7 at the time. But I do remember meeting up with you again at JV volleyball at Lincoln High my freshman year. You were an older and cooler Sophmore and I loved your sassines right off the bat. I still have the picture of us pondering the basketball for team pictures, both of us in braces and severely in need of some makeup.
But that was who were then. You were E$ and I was Jules. I can't forget the late nights on bus rides home from games, the student council days when we ruled the school, or at least publicized the events that for which others were responsible. The saturday morning aerobics classes with the squaty lady who kicked our trash and my gym boyfried.
Then the junior college days of Delta and the crazy times of Medusa hair, The Wall Dance, Tracy Hoes, Parties in Lindon, Beth's Trailor, the insane pager lingo, the Old Navy team, boating in the Delta, the night I spun my car 3 times in 4 lanes of traffic on I-5 and didn't cry until you asked if I was alright, thursday night volleyball at the church, fake tattoos, the trip to San Fran with Truth and the Cooking Show that someone decided to throw a Cosco bag of chocolate chips all over on the floor. I wonder who?
How could I ever forget my memorable trip to Utah where I doused you in gasoline and we laughed until you realized that it was burning your skin. My lemon colored hair that the nice people at Bon Losee decided to give me after 5 hours of bleaching, then driving 10 hours to Stockton, crying the whole time. I wasn't mad at you. Remember when Truth bought me a ticket to Salt Lake City when the roads were snowed in? I told you I was coming, but it took a little creativity to make it happen. Midnight Train to Georgia Kareoke for Christmas, that was fun.
Your trip to San Diego and my birthday party. Did homeboy really wear that shirt to my party? The beach, my Graduation, Whitney Houston and Madonna's Greatest Hits, the dolphin in a rain puddle, and so much more.
You have always been there for me and you make me laugh like no one else can. I love all of our past and cant wait for Mr. Boots, Skittles, Whiskers, Fluffy and the house. It will be such good times. Thanks for for giving the confidence to let my sassiness show.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
2 comments:
She seems pretty cool. She must have an amazing best friend who is an inspiration and perhaps the coolest gal in the universe. You are the dolphin baby, you are the dolphin. LOVE YOU!
I think that you should write a 'he knows who he is', but it should be about me.
Post a Comment