That's what I'm full of these days. I consider myself normally a nice person, don't really cause much damage or harm to people. No murders committed here. But for some reason last week I was living in a parallel universe where all I did was harm and offend. Lets take a look at these examples, this isn't the whole list, but a few key examples of my meaness.
Apology #1.
It started off Monday night at BBALL when I glared at a guy who bumped me and was gaurding me with some full court press. On the court I dish it, so I should be able to take it. I felt bad, but didn't really recognize my error until my roommate told me he brought it up on their ride home. I spoke to him after church and asked for forgiveness for my glare and we laughed it off. He was on my team this week and it was great.
Apology #2
Friday morning when the same roommate came up to me EARLY in the morning full of useful advice about that night's movie night, I once again gave the evil eye that burns like a laser. But in my normal morning trance, not fully aware of my glare and after 3 hours of sleep I'm not at my best. After seeing the look on my face she said "I can see this isn't a good time to talk to you," and left. I later appologized to her and did try some of her advice for the movie. We laugh about it now and she threatens to visit teach me before 8am.
Apology#3
Then on Sunday I snubbed someone, just didn't say hi after he greeted me with some nice Sunday salutation. I was upset about some stuff and really a jerk on this one. I later had to call and apologize. I left a message(which wasn't my favorite option in discussing such matters) but just my luck, it was still the Jewish New Year and he could forgive me on such a blessed day.
In Sunday school we had a really good lesson about forgiveness and forgiving and I learned that it's ok to let people know that they have offended you and that we should talk about these matters. We all can learn from our mistakes and hopefully not make them again. I learned a great lesson and now implore all of you to talk to me if I have offended you and to let me know so that I don't do this again. I would really like some helpful hints too if you can think of some. I appreciate all your comments, questions and concerns. For some reason the song by Dispatch called "The General" keeps coming into my mind, it mentions forgiveness. Check it out.
P.S. After telling my dad this story, he is now sending me a book on tape called, "How to Make and Keep Friends." I hope it works.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
3 comments:
Julia you are so cute! I love that you are even aware of these minor offenses. I probably offend people everyday of my life...and the sad thing is sometimes i know it, and i don't call them and ask for forgiveness. I have learned so much from you in this last week (like which hideous neon shirt goes best with which pleated pants...PS: enjoy those metallic shoes while you're still young!)
I think I was so excited to see someone else up so early that I just had to tell you my idea. I didn't even think that you probably hadn't had enough sleep...So I'M SORRY for bringing about that fun early morning exchange:) I do have to say, I walked back into my room and kind of laughed, having really experienced early morning Julia.
LOL--you are a very kind person--otherwise, you'd never notice that stuff.
Post a Comment