Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome to the Wild Wild West

This past weekend, the Mancub and I headed up to the grandparents to partake in some good old fashioned western activities. I went to Logan and picked him up from a 16 hour work week of washing windows and then we cruised through the Cache Valley.(Watch out Cash $ millionaires, these people are on to you) Headed up the 91 through Preston, or Napolean Dynamite territory. We hit a wicked hail storm that made me think I was going to die, and the Mancub just continued on his IPhone texting spree.

Once there we enjoyed a variety of activities, horseback riding, gardening, collecting strawberries, cruising on some super old 10 speeds from the 80's and running off like crazies. Every night though was brought to an end with a horse movie. We watched The Man from Snowy River, Return to Snowy River, The Horse Whisperer and Dr. Zhivago, which surprisingly has a lot of horses in it. We also made normal love songs into horsey love songs. For example, "our endless love" was now "our horsey love." There were many more, but you get the picture. It made for some good times and great memories.

I think the favorite activity was shooting. I'm much better than the Mancub, but he won't admit it. We warmed up on the pellet gun, but after that moved onto the 22 with a silencer. We placed pine cones in the garden and had our own little sniper festival. One of my favorite moments was after I had shot the gun, Grandpa turns to me and says "You shot my corn." The look on his face was priceless. He was right, I did shoot his corn. But I hit the pine cone first.


The Mancub is pretty much the worst photographer ever, he has to be in all the pictures he takes. But you get the point. We're shooting.

Even him cheating and sitting down with the gun couldn't help him beat me.

The grandparents are soldiers doing what they do at their age. They are planning a rafting trip later this summer and I can't wait for that. While we were there, my uncle and his family came over. Turns out my cousin is way better at shooting than I am. Next weekend rafting.

No comments: