After being welcomed with a Hanna Montana ballon and Starbucks blueberry muffin, we went to Snoqualmie Falls. Snoqualmie was the daughter of an Indian chief. But she met and fell in love with a boy from another tribe. The boy came to ask for her hand in marriage and her father forbid her from seeing him and sent the boy off. Snoqualmie and her father fought and then she took off after him down the river. She wanted to catch him and decided that she would go over the falls because it was faster than taking the canoe out and walking down. Well, turns out that was the last bad decision she made as she plummeted to her death there at the falls and that is why it's called Snoqaulmie Falls. I just made up that story, but they were pretty.


Next day we went to Mt. Rainier, which at 14,000 feet had a lot of snow still. We hiked around and had snow fights and pretended that the mosquito bites were not bothering us. There were beautiful flowers and it was actually hot. It was great to be in the outdoors and smell the fresh air. Also, see the German tourists. They love our Natural Parks.

On the way back we stopped at "Big Daddy's Drive In" in Auburn, WA. It was pretty yummy and the shakes were to die for. 
Thursday we went to the largest gym in North America. It was amazing!!! 4 indoor pools, rooms to work out with different lighting in it, tons of classrooms and equipment, spas, saunas and restaurants. It was 4 stories high!!! I loved it and the aerobics class we took. Then we got ready and headed to the city. We first stopped at the Space needle and got a glance at the Puget Sound with no clouds in the sky. Then we headed to the SciFi Museum and Hall of fame. Where every scifi book noteworthy was there, plus all the uniforms of you favorite sci characters and even the high tech equipments used to laser or beam people.

Next we went to the Jim Hensen exhibit and saw tons of his drawings, puppets and videos. That guy was genius! Riley and I got to be in a puppet show, I was the drummer.


Next we hit up Pikes Place Market for some food and sites. We had some pastries from a Russian bakery and just walked around the market. Saw the first Starbucks, the men throwing fish and lots of berries for sale. One of the reasons I love summer so much is all the berries.
I would now like to thank E$ for a very wonderful BDay celebration. I was also like to thank Microsoft for a trip to Mt. Rainier and for dinner at Big Daddy's. I would like to thank CB for a wonderful gym experience and for his excellent driving skills. Riley B for letting me sleep in her bed, for knowing all the words to all the popular songs for her wonderful hiking skills.
1 comment:
I've passed the Big Daddy's! My aunt and uncle live in Auburn I was there last September:) I'm so glad we have similar memories of the place!:)
Post a Comment