The life of this girl in Salt Lake and other places around the world!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
The Getty
Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Getty in LA for the first time. It was amazing and I had such a great time with my friend, we'll call her Big Red. Any time I'm with her its an adventure and this time was no exception. We started the day off with breakfast in Manhattan Beach at a great little breakfast place on the beach and then headed to the art. I loved the Baroque Art exhibit they have there and could tell who had studied with my favorite Caravaggio by their use of the chiaro-scuro lighting. The place is beautiful and after my experience there I decided that I really do need a room of fleur de lis and fabric on the walls. It's a must have. One of my favorite moments is when the tour guide was talking about a painting of Joseph and Potiphar's wife and she called it the "Original He's Just Not That Into You" story. I couldn't stop laughing and will now refer to the story with it's new title. Please enjoy the photos that follow. As you might notice, the infamous peace sign has once again returned to my photos. This is an indication of total coolness and propriety.
1 comment:
Big Red is in my fave five!
Post a Comment