Sorry I haven't posted anything for the last 2 weeks. Life's been CARAZY!!!! So, I moved out of my old house, which I will miss, but I look forward to having a yard and plenty of parking for the masses of people that will be frequenting our humble abode. Sadly, I haven't moved in yet. So I moved my stuff into garages for storage and now I'm living the high life at my sista's house. Which has been great. I get to see my favorite nephew everyday and tonight I babysat for the first time. They left me for 20 minutes alone and we did great. He's getting so big. I think S needs to make a blog so that others can enjoy his cuteness as well.
Moving has basically been taking up most of my time. Plus I have this crazy exam before I leave for Jamaica. I have to pass to go. I get school credit, but come on, its summer time. I've learned some fun stuff about water sanitizing methods and the infrastructure of a developing-ish country. I'm really excited about this trip and for all the stuff I will learn.
Monday I tried surfing for the first time since before the mish. So I'm guessing more than 5 years. I went with some friends and one of them was really excited to teach me, then left me to fend for myself. After nose diving a couple of times and remembering that my greatest fear is death by drowning, I started to rethink this whole "surfing" thing.
Luckily, my other friend put his board away and came to coach. He would push me as a wave came and on a 10 foot board, you can catch anything. So with his help, I'm super awesome; standing up probably 85% of the time. It's this whole paddling thing that prevents me from being the best surfer I can be. I ended the whole experience on a good note and enjoyed my time in the water. Not too cold and felt very successful. Will I go again? That's anybody's guess. So the funny thing was that the "board-pusher" noticed that I kept leaning on my board to the left while laying down. I didnt think anything of it, but the next day I had the HUGEST bruises on my hips, the larger one on my left hip. 5 inches in length and they hurt so bad. Yeah, such a beginner. Today is the first day it doesn't hurt to run.
Tonight I went to the Pinback concert at the Del Mar Horse Races. They have horse races and then after a concert. If you're like me, you never pay, show up right before they start and park on the street. Cheapest night out ever, but so good. Next week the Bravery is playing, so I'll probably do that and then later that night take a shuttle to LAX and fly to Jamaica. Tomorrow I have some fun studying to do, get ready for Sunday and the week.
I'm 2nd counselor in the RS, and we are in charge of making receiving blankets for mothers who chose to give up their children to adoption in hospitals. Its a way to remember their children by. I will be giving a talk about LDS services, especially adoption, at the end of this month. We have been making these for a month now and hopefully will get them all done. I get to go early to church and cut out more fabric. Then I have a meeting with my new committee. It's always good to have a new committee, lots of new and exciting people who want to help.
So that's all that's new with me. Some people have been asking, so that's why I posted this blandish factual account of my life.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
2 comments:
Perhaps you could take a photo of the favorite nephew and post it? Hope the test goes well.
I did not have time to read this post. But i think you are right. We should definitely test ourselves for compatiblity. But what if we're not? Is that going to change things between us?
Post a Comment