So I'm officially on day 4 one my new life with the elimination of High Fructose Corn Syrup. I was probably like this in Jamaica, but didn't realized that was what was happening, so I won't count those days. While I was in Jamaica, I noticed how great and fresh the food tasted(even the oxen was yummy) The thing I really noticed was the soda and it was because it was made with pure, good old fashion sugar, no high fructose corn syrup. Many of you already know the health problems that are associated with the addition of this item into food, so I won't bother you with the gruesome details. But as I have been trying to eliminate it from my diet, I've found that it's in EVERYTHING!!! Muffins, Wheat Thins, Weight Watcher Bars, Skittles; all the things I've tried to eat lately.
Last night, I bought pizza and soda for all the peeps who helped me move and there was a Dr. Pepper that kept giving me the stink eye. I wanted to drink so bad. Which is funny because I normally don't drink soda, but I just wanted to rip that can wide open and gulp it down. Luckily, I had people over and had just described my new eating habit and would've felt like a total schmuck if I had done that. So it looks like peer pressure really is a good thing sometimes. I think my body is going through withdrawls because I keep seeing Tropical Skittles on my computer screen. I think it's for the best though and so far people have been very supportive and helpful.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
3 comments:
where are all the pictures?
That Dr. Pepper was so delicious!
IZZE is at the Vons closest to you. I bought some there. There's lots of different flavors.
Sometimes I even convince myself that it's okay to drink it for breakfast.
Post a Comment