Thursday, July 17, 2008

Immunizations A'plenty

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to receive some much needed booster immunizations and medications for my upcoming trips. I arrived at 8:37 with all 4 of my immunization records in hand. One from my birth in Utah, one from my pre-school days before I entered the great educational system of this free country, one from my high school days before I entered the great collegiate educational system and one from before I entered the great missionary education system. All of these documents are near and dear to my heart as I can recall most of these occurrences. As I sat down with my Nurse Practitioner to discuss my future acquisitions and hopefully complete the set, she was in awe by my collection of documents. As she read through them and checked off which ones were current and which ones I needed, I noticed that the list of needs wasn't so large. I'm pretty current with everything, just needed an adult booster for polio. Then she read the list the CDC provides for travelers to the two countries I will be attending, Jamaica and South Africa. The list was huge! I went to the pharmacy to pay the bill and walked out 200$ lighter in my pocket. But I did walk out of there with:
Typhoid, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Malaria, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis. I think I got my money's worth. Thank goodness no Yellow Fever. But I would like to have that one before I die. Just cause.

And I must add that the pharmacist was loving his instructional tutorial of the meds I have to take. I think the best when he spoke about the hallucinations I might get from the antimalarial medicine. I even called Truth to see if this was common and she got all excited just talking about cipro and doxy. Sounds fun. I'll let you all know if anything good happens.

No comments: