I have the most amazing Mets shirt you have ever seen. It is from their 1986 world series championship and I love it. It was a find at the thrift store while shopping with Neels back in the day. I think that someone finally moved out of their parents basement and accidentally left this in the house and mumsie chucked it out with the used bell bars and old trophys. I also got an A's jersey that served it's purpose as well and has since been laid to rest.
I don't wear the shirt often, I'm trying to keep its colors intact. But this weekend I will be wearing with pride as The Mets come to SD for the Padres. Am I a big Mets fan? Not really. I'm more a fan of the shirt. It's blue and orange are so bold you wouldn't believe that the shirt is more than 20 years old. I was even offered $200 for the shirt one time, but I couldn't part with it for that little.
I watched the ESPN classics about that World Series and learned how the Mets won in the 7th game after the Red Sox's first baseman Bill Buckner let it go through his legs in the 6th game and made the series go to 7 games. Most people think they won it in 6, they didn't.
I was telling my co-worker about this shirt and as a big baseball fan who buys and sells a lot of stuff on ebay he suggested that I:
1) Sell the shirt on ebay. It would get me millions, well not millions but thousands. Maybe a few hundred from a true fan?????
2) I wear the shirt to all 3 games this weekend and see how much someone offers me. Also, I need to bring an extra shirt just in case I sell it.
So I am really excited to go to the games to see what kind of response I get, also to see the games. I haven't been yet this year and really do enjoy watching baseball live, not on tv.
I'll let my viewers know what the outcome is. Geez, I can't wait to go out there and watch others play baseball, I can hardly wait.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
1 comment:
Worst post ever.
Post a Comment