Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why I deserved a Mother's Day Call

So my little bro on the mish, only gets to call home at Christmas and Mother's Day. I have been fortunate enough to be home for all the other calls, but with finals right after Mother's Day, I knew that it wouldn't be possible for this last call. So Truth thought it would be a great idea for me to write down all the fun questions that I had for Philly and give them to her. That way she could have the enjoyment of listening to his responses. Well, this didn't really fly for me, so I wrote Philly and explained to him why I deserved at least 20 minutes of his time. Some people thought that it was inappropriate for me to speak to him or that it was against the rules, but I don't think so. Here were some of my arguments:
1) Medical reason-His pregnant sister who is due next week was not able to fly home and be part of the call there.
2) Time Efficiency-He was able to speak to 3 people at one time here in San Diego, so it was actually a better use of his time.
3) Compensation Due-I probably write him the 2nd most amount (behind Truth) and I plainly stated that I only wrote him to get the phone calls from him and if I didn't get phone calls, I don't write letters.
4) Religious purposes-I said that I would believe more if he called me. It would be a fruit of my faith. I believe more.
It wasn't like it was super easy for me to call him. I had to get up really early, spend 30$ on a phone card and wait 40 minutes for Truth to get off the phone. But I must say that it was totally worth it. I miss the golden boy and all of his royal punkness. I don't miss how completely spoiled he was and that he now is bigger than me. I can't wait to see him in December.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Mother's has your sister pop that baby out yet?

hairofgold said...

Nope, she's due today and is so ready for this thing to pop. She might induce today

Anonymous said...

Are you a Aunt?

hairofgold said...

Still not an aunt