There has been a lot of noise on the radio frequencies about a possible new thing in my life and I am here to clarify the rumors. Pregnant....nope, addicted to pain meds....nah, too expensive, training for a triathlon....yep. The rumors are true and thanks to Truth they are flying like crazy. I was going to keep it hush hush, but when post something on the blog all of my millions of readers see and want to know everything.
This week was the first of training. My race isn't until September, but there are some brutally harsh details that I was not aware of before agreeing to do this with Truth. Like usual, she's convinced me to do this idiotic event just because she wanted to do one. Why can't I say no? So the running is the easiest part for me. With all of my experience that is the most fun about this whole thing. Here's what concerns me:
1) Swimming. I was on a swim team growing up, so I'm used to swimming and the equipment. But I'm used to swimming 50 or 100 yrds sprints and calling it quits. Now I have to go for 40 minutes or more. That's probably the most boring part about this all. Plus, I'll have to swim in ocean water and I will have to buy a wetsuit and will most likely be eaten by a shark while training.
2)Biking. Its also not very exciting and I need to get out on the trail, because the stationary thing is not cutting it for me. But I was able to finish 2 books this week due to some major time on a bike. I have a loaner from Stephy and the tire was already flat as I rode off. I need some help with that equipment. Also hills on a stationary bike are much different that real ones. I found a really long path along a freeway here that I will try next week. Hopefully it works out for me.
Well, that's really what I'm concerned with. 2 out of 3 ain't half bad. I do everything 3 times a week and rotated the days. I've already swam 2 days in the rain. I'm hardcore like that. Right now were are just trying to build endurance and get used to equipment. I have no time goal, I just want to finish happy and healthy. So if anyone has some pointers I would love the help. And if anyone wants to train with me that would be even better.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
7 comments:
Hope you're not swimming by yourself. Open water swimming requires the "buddy system". Stay safe, swim hard.
I will totally train with you. Except that I'm not supposed to start any exercises that I wasn't already doing before I got pregnant. Which means that I'm limited to lifting food up to my mouth. Would that help in any capacity? If so, I will do lots of this with you for Pioneer Day weekend.
I thought this whole thing was your idea.... I will kick your butt! XOXO
Training does include me eating a lot. I'm glad that you can help me with that aspect of the training. We will eat lots Pioneer Day Weekend.
No trash talking from you Truth
Wow! A little butt kicking from mom...with a little XOXO...So tell us the Truth. Who idea was it to do the Tri??? When is the big mother/daughter show down?
So maybe I will get my butt kicked; hairofgold totally beats me on the bike. But maybe I can catch her on the run! Great training with you in SD this week! Thanks! Loved the ocean swim - kind of scary being grabbed by the evil kelp...
Post a Comment