Saturday, March 22, 2008

Top Secret: For Your Eyes Only



This weekend I decided to take a super-secretive getaway to an undisclosed location in Utah. Now, if you are one of my blog followers in that great state and did not know of my travels, please do not be offended. It was G-14 classified and I couldn't say anything. Only now, that the mission is almost over can I release the Utah information. Other than that, I can't say disclose my exact location. The mission was classified and I wasn't even able to bring a camera to document the events or gather evidence.
One of those events was a wedding reception of a good friend at a nice restaurant called La Caille. For all you Spanish speakers, it's pronounced La Cai or at least that's what I think it would sound like in Spanish. But I don't speak the Spanish, so don't listen to me. It was a nice place, food was ok, but I was more excited with the fact that snow was a mere 20 feet from my presence. This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but for a Cali-girl like me, this is big stuff. It even warranted me taking off my heels and walking on the cold ground in some sort of vineyard to go a touch it. Yah, I'm ridiculous like that.
The next day I ate lunch at a great pizzeria in Oreo, near Provm called Pizzeria 712 with Quickhands, Terreno di Amore and JB. Q and T quizzed JB about his work with dwarf businesses. It's a rapidly growing field and Q and T are thinking of starting a dwarf business. Check out Quickhand's blog for more info on the lunch and my snow playing. The pictures don't accurately depict my air time while jumping on snow. I am infatuated with snow. Just can't get enough.
The Q and I went to test drive Smart Cars. I like them. We saw a lot of them in Italy and always wanted to drive one. In Europe they are able to do some crazy parallel parking moves that no one believed me were possible, but the saleswomen confirmed my hypothesis, so take that haters! Of course, we had to stop by the gelateria in downtown Provm because it's so good. The guy working the counter was really excited about our pronunciation of the Italian words and most especially the way I said "Mango" and not "Mango" Can't you just hear the difference?
Then I napped, which really has been an important part of our trip. I am loving the sleep time that I am able to achieve here, and am most grateful for my hosts for allowing me such comforts.
Today we went on a little walk across the freeway twice, near the rocket ship, in vicinity of the railroad tracks, in 2 different cities, in close proximity to horses and past the WalMart. You don't do that everyday or all in one hour like we did. Then I went to buy stuff at the WalMart in preparation for the Easter Egg hunt tomorrow. I'm so excited because being adults now, I thought it only proper to fill the eggs with the good candy and not the crappy candy. So eggs are filled with Ferrero Rocher and Lindt. I can't wait to hide them!

1 comment:

kim said...

I can't beleive you came within 2 miles of my house and didn't stop by (although I guess I've done the same thing in your town, so all's forgiven).

And isn't that gelato great? I have only tasted, not actually eaten since I was stuffed the last time I wandered by, but its probably the best I've found in the states--all the others have been a sad comparison to the real stuff.