
I'm sharing this story at the request of some of my avid readers, who also know how crazy my life is. It's been a while since this happened, but I hope I get all the details right. Last time I went home to be a stay-at-home daughter, I was able to go out on the town a few nights. One night was especially fun. We were at a local intoxication location and in walks a group of men all wearing black, about 12 of them. All the girls went crazy. I asked my friends who they were, and in between their gasping and squealing they informed me of the greatness that had just entered....UFC fighters.
Apparently, these were brothers and one of them won a reality UFC show on Spike hosted by Sly Stone. Now they both fight and according to the BFF, posters of these 2 are all over. They are a big freaking deal. I'm a lover, not a fighter, so I knew nothing of these facts. I must admit. They were cute. The BFF couldn't catch her air recalling the last time she saw them and how she talked to them and made a fool of herself.
Having had a brother participate in the wrestling in high school, I knew why some of their posse had cauliflower ears and flattened noses. I was intrigued. I've never really followed the UFC, I thought it amusing. Like I stated earlier, they are a big freaking deal. So all the girls were hanging all over them. I wasn't going to be that way, so I just sent the vibe. You know, the vibe. Good thing my vibe is aeronautically transmitted and was picked up by one of the brothers.
He comes to talk to us and the other one follows. Here's how the conversation starts out, note that the one I think is cute has a black eye, he's the one talking to me.
Me "What happened to your face?"
Him "I got hit in the eye."
Me "That sucks."
Him "Yeah, I actually got hit twice in the same spot."
Me "Well, maybe next time you should move your face."
Him "Thanks, I'll remember that."
then some stupid bar tender comes up and kisses butt over the boy's last fight like a little kid meeting a super hero. Hater.
Me "oh, you're a fighter."
Him "Yeah."
Me "That's nice."
Chat, Chat, Chat nothing really too important for the dialogue part of this story.
Then some girl who had been all over them earlier comes by. She gives us a really nasty glance and then say Bye as she tries to dismiss us. Hater. The fighters see this little cat action and wait for our response. The BFF and I live up the moment and tell her thanks, we had a great time, hope she did too, maybe we'll see her again, drive safe blah blah blah with super cheery voices and ultra fake smiles, that come off as nice.
The fighters see how we have averted this low blow of a villainous attack and laugh at the girl who is now frustrated. Jokes on you honey, turns out fighters love lovers, not haters. They actually seemed like decent guys, and hadn't taken too many hits to the head. With my advice, I'm sure that the percentage of hits to the head will greatly decrease. I can't wait to see them next time I go home and catch up on all the good times we've had.
I hope Truth reads this and thinks I'm going to start dating fighters. I think I just might. He is pictured above.
6 comments:
He looks cute while about to get his head knocked off. Nicely done.
Gotta love the vibe factor! I also love the move your face comment...but you already know this! Have a great weekend and I will see you when you get back!
Where was the local intoxiction location?
in my hometown
You crack me up! I love reading your blog stories. Too bad you had to go back to Cali! Right now we are having a serious thunder and lightening storm with a lot of hale! Truth is, it's supposed to snow!
Where in your hometown?
Post a Comment