HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMPBELL!!!
My car has been nick-named Campbell because of it's minute size, one of it's many blessings in my book and why I bought a VW. Campbell as in Campbell's soup because its about the size of a soup can. Even though you can recline the seats and sleep in it(something my grandfather pointed out to me and I can't wait for those homeless days to come)it still is easily parked in the super small parking spots in SD.
But as I was fulfilling my duties at a stay-at-home daughter and I got to drive a much newer car, I noticed some differences. Like how the AC works right away or how it still has all the hubcaps and lighting coverings on the car. Things not necessary for a car to run, but just nice things. And I almost thought maybe it's time to buy a new car. It didn't help that my brother and mother were all for buying a new car right then.
Honestly though, I'm keeping Campbell until the bitter end....his bitter end that is. I love not having a car payment and it runs great still. Sure it has a kill switch for a starter that makes me feel like a race car driver...which leads to my incredible traveling speeds. Yes, I'm blaming my love of speed on a car switch. And every now and then it gives me problems, but overall I have been very pleased with his performance and see no need to give him a pink slip. So until he drops dead on the road, I think I'm going to stick with my shorty.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment