JEREMY!!!!!
Yesterday I was in attendance of a most excellent egg dying competition at the home of Steremy or Jephanie, however you want to look at it. I didn't think I would be in attendance, but I figured not even the bird flu could keep me away from the festivities. As an attendee of last year's galla, I knew who the main competitors were, what their strengths were and what to expect again from them. I didn't really participate last year, but scoped out the egging abilities. This year I had several entries to the contest, but only one that I was sure would be a hit. He's name was Jeremy.
I know, I know, where on earth did I get this inspiration from? It's mind-bottling. He was a plain white egg with certain stickers on him like blue eyes, a mustache, a nose and lips. But then I had to draw in a beard and a receding hairline to make him look like my inspiration. I even gave him reddish highlights and the correct neckline. The best part was having to secretly watch my inspiration across the room and try to make it look exactly like him without him noticing.
I knew it would be one of the top 3 winners, when people were going over to the judging booth and laughing. The top 3 winners got prizes, but I was going for the gold. There was a computerized voting method and votes were cast. My 2 big competitors were John Rambegg,(Rambo)and ghetto bling(a very sparkly ghetto egg that looked like a rap artist would have it hanging from his or her neck). Well, the results came back and I was tied with Ghetto Bling, which I must admit I voted for as well. We had to have a vote off and I WON!!!!! The score was 7-6 and little Jer took it home. My prize was a fantabulous gift pack of cookie cutters, decorations, and a cookie spatula in a nice easter basket. How cool is that?
I was very glad that I attended and won the prize. I look forward to more friendly competitions like this with the maker of Ghetto Bling and to beat him again and again and again. JK, he voted for me and that's why I won.
I'm glad that my inspiration wasn't offended and actually laughed at the whole thing. What a great sport he is and thanks for the great party.
3 comments:
Normally I don't read blogs that are picture-less, but I make an excpetion for your blog....that's how funny you are! This was hilarious, and I am really glad you won, you deserve it. I mean you had to re-create the look of a real person...on an egg. Julia you are so talented and an inspiration to me everyday.
man, i hope you choke on your delicious sugar cookies... :) just kidding!
that egg really is INCREDIBLE!!! ha ha ha
Post a Comment