Friday, January 11, 2008

The Joys of Being a Stay-At-Home Daughter

Christmas break went by too fast, but I had the time of my life being a stay-at-home daughter. Now, many of you may be thinking, "What exactly is a stay-at-home daughter?" and I would like to explain this to you now
A stay-at-home daughter is like its parent term stay-at-home mom with certain alterations.
Let's compare.

The mom has children to get up and get ready for school and make their breakfast.
The daughter sleeps in until her body naturally has had enough rest for the evening and can leisure around the house as needed.

The mom has lots of errands to run and things to do after she drops off the kids at school.
The daughter goes to the gym around 9 and works out for as long as desired.

The mom has lunch with girlfriends or while running errands.
The daughter has lunch with girlfriends or makes lunch for mother.

The mom has kids to pick up in the afternoon and needs to take them to after school activities.
The daughter needs to shower by this point in the day and should probably brush her hair, but its not Sunday, so she doesnt. Nor does she put on make up because once again, its not Sunday.

The mom has stuff to do.
The daughter takes a nap because she's really tired of all the day's activities.

The mom makes dinner of mac and cheese.
The daughter makes dinner of eggplant parmaggiano and roasted peppers over chicken.

The mom makes the kids to do homework and go to bed early.
The daughter makes the mom watch movies and stay up late.

The mom does house work.
The daughter does too.

The mom reads a bed time story to the kids that has a nice ending and usally ends with the phrase "Good Night."
The mom makes the daughter read a really sad story about kids being abused or illegal organ trafficking.

The mom goes to bed, which she shares, and gets woken up in the night by kids crying.
The daughter goes to bed in a California King with 2 down comforters, an electrical blanket and a nice little heat pack at her feet called Heidi the Wonder Weasel.

Both lives are bring equal amounts of joy, the daughter has less responsibility though. It was a nice life for 3 weeks and being back to work isn't really fun and I dont think I will like being back in school either, but I still have 1 more week.

The vacation was great and Truth was the best mother ever, except when she would want me to do actually do things.

I did paint the bathrooms and bedroom and I will be posting the before and after pictures. I'm especially proud of the upstairs bathroom. I got to pick the color myself and decorated it too. I think I might be giving the designingwoman a run for her money. Keep an eye out for my next creation.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

I think I want to be a stay at home daughter. Sometimes, I wondered what women do who don't have children but who stay at home. Now I can come up with lists and lists of wonderful things I would do if only I didn't have to go to work.

I can't wait for retirement.

kim said...

I want to be a stay at home daughter too--the most exciting part is the sleeping until I've had enough sleep--oh, and not getting woken up in the night--wow! I can't even imagine.