Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Baths of Truth






Instead of wasting all my time being a stay-at-home daughter, I earned my keep and Truth's Christmas present got done. I had been calling her for the last month hounding her about choosing a color for the rooms. When I arrived, there were 4 colors painted on the wall. Truth had me pick out my favorite and I said, "Of course not that one." Turns out that's the one she wanted to paint the rooms. But I have to say that she didn't do a good job painting it, so it looked really gray compared to how it looks now on the walls.
I taped the edges and got ready to go. First I primed the bathrooms to prevent the mold from returning from the black hole to which I sent it. Painting for me is soothing and very relaxing. You go up with the roller. You go down with the roller. It's not brain surgery. So the trickiest part is making sure that you get it in all the little crevices. And I did spend a lot of time reviewing all my work.
I also painted the edges with a small brush and the molding and ceiling a lovely color called Bone. I have lived in that house with all the walls of Bone and have vowed never to paint a single room in my own house that color. It's not bad, its just too much for me.
But the best part was getting to decorate the rooms. I have before and after pictures and although the rooms aren't complete yet, I totally fell in love with them. It's amazing what a little color can add to a home.
The best part of painting was that Truth let me pick out the color of the bathroom upstairs. I go to my local home improvement store and go right for a bold blue or red. Truth hates both, but hates the blue the least. I told her she wouldn't be up there anyways so she shouldn't care what color it was.
The blue was a little bold, so I only painted 2 walls and it looks AMAZING!!! With some red towels and sailboat picture my sister-in-law said it was very Tommy Hilfiger. Truth's big addition to the room was a picture of naked dancing women on the wall. "It is a bathroom after all," she says. True that Truth. I love the color so much that I would just walk in the room and just get all giddy with excitement and squeal like a little girl.
It was fun to do. For her bedroom we got new bed stuff and colors and redecorated that as well. She went for some very warm colors like gold and red for the bed and I helped. I think I might be considering a career change, well, maybe just a part time career change.

1 comment:

kim said...

I love that color of blue! Great job with all the decorating!