On my first day of Christmas Break(where I didn't have to work) I actually took the time to sit down and watch a movie. After getting up at 530 to catch a flight I wasn't about to run to the store to rent on and the OnDemand Menu's best option was Much Ado About Nothing.
I'm not one to sit and read Shakespere just for some good jollies, but I really do enjoy his plays and seeing them acted out.
I had never watched the whole movie before, but I absolutely loved it. Not only did it have my favorite Keanu Reeves(He's so dreamy) and some other big namers like Denzel and Emma T., it also was filmed in my most favorite place in the world. After a long argument with Truth about where it was filmed Napa or Italy, I was victorious in our litigation and reaped all the benefits as only a victor could.
Maybe because I haven't really watched all that many movies lately, but for some reason this movie was so funny. It was full of witty banter and I couldn't stop laughing. I also noticed how much the English language has changed since then. We're really killing it slowly and surely. Of course it had my favorite line "O, that I were a man" by the wonderful Beatrice in her moment of grief.
I love the character of Beatrice. A strong, sassy mouthed single girl full of wit not taking crap from anyone("sounds like someone else I know" pipes in Truth), especially the equally sassy-mouthed Benedict. The relationship between Beatrice and Benedict was the best part of the movie. That and Michael Keaton as the idiot constable. After pretending to hate each other for so long the truth comes out that they they really love each other. At their wedding she said she loved him "Not beyond reason." It was hilarious! I would totally say something like that too.
I encourage all you non-commenting readers to go and watch this movie. You will laugh and learn as well.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
4 comments:
It wasn't just funny because you haven't watched too many movies. I've laughed so hard in this one that I've cried. And I've seen it so many times, but it is still hilarious every time.
Enjoy NorCal for me! We're freezing out in Colorado this Christmas.
I love that movie, too. They did an excellent job. Hmm. Maybe I should watch it. Curse the fact that I no longer have OnDemand! That's one of the greatest inventions ever.
Here is what I say about you as taken from the play/movie
By my troth, a pleasant-spirited lady!
Oh, and I linked you to my blog, thanks for linking me....I feel special.
One of my tope 3 favorites
Post a Comment