Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Own Personal Bob

So the other day I was at the gym and the Biggest Loser happened to be on. I have a strong affinity for this show because my cousin was a contestant on the 2nd season. She didn't win because she didn't lose a lot of weight after they found out she was pregnant. (If you guessed she was the one from Utah, give yourselves a big high five) But one thing I have always loved about the show is Bob, the blue trainer.
Not only is he super hot, he's uber-sweet. Yes, I know that we will never be together because of his preferences, but that's not why I love him. He just exudes support and advocates for his team members. Whether they win or lose, he loves them and its such a sweet thing to see from a trainer. I want them to lose weight so Bob will give them a hug and kiss. That's how much I love him.
One normally doesn't associated emotional encouragement from the guy who makes you do push ups, especially from a male. (no offense males, it's just not in your make-up to be that way) I often think of my basketball coach in high school, a retired drill sergeant who had absolutely no compassion for us and usually made his daughter run more.
But Bob is a rock of support for them and I just think he's great.
As I watched the show and awed at his love for the team as one was being kicked off, it made me think of my personal trainer. We'll call her Meena for security purposes. I recently signed up for a gym and didn't really like the people who worked there, but I was able to receive 6 trainings with a professional trainer. I thought it would be fun to see what someone else had to say, learn some new exercises or maybe get my own personal Bob.
We set up the first appt. where she determined my physical ability and how much I could lift and what my restrictions were(stupid knee=no running for me). The second session she kicked my trash and I was exhausted afterwards. I loved that workout, and I learned so much.
I thought things were going great.
We were well on our way to discussing traumatic childhood memories that lead me to overeat or crying together when my skinny jeans were too big for me or planning for that day when my best friend saw me again and we just start jumping up and down with excitement. Oh how I couldn't wait for our "Bob" moments to come.
That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from her since. She hasn't returned any of my calls, and I'm wondering what did I do? I did everything she asked me too like a little puppy. I'm not new to the workout thing, but I was humble. I even did all the exercises I dislike doing like bicep curls and calf raises. I even did free weights! I hate free weights.
So one can only conclude that it wasn't meant to be. She wasn't the "Bob" for me after all. I continue to go to the gym regularly for my health, but it just isn't the same. I had such high dreams, big plans and long term goals. Oh well. I'm going to get my money back and write Bob a letter and tell him how wonderful he is.

1 comment:

Cicada said...

That's sad... My personal trainer owes me one more session, but I hate him so much that he can just keep my thirty-three stinking bucks.