Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Week of School

This week was the first week of school for me. After some serious course adjustment, my schedule looks to be like this:
M 4-7 Behavior Epi. It's a core class that I have to take this semeseter so I can graduate next semester. It'll be lamo x 10.
T 1-4 Emergency Preparedness and Response. Basically we learn what local, state and federal systems will be used and how they work in the case of a disaster. I've already had to sign up for FEMA stuff.
W 4-7 Disaster Medicine. In the situations of disasters, how do we get medical care to those who need it, especially those in complex disasters(civil instability). This will be super interesting.
I also get credit for the Jamaica class and I don't have to attend any classes for it.
I also have a research class to work on my thesis with my adviser. I do have to meet with her and work on that.

I was going to take Climate Change on Thursdays, but I think that is enough courses while working and working on the thesis. So far all of the classes are really interesting. I still haven't attended the Monday class so we'll see how that is. Normally core classes are super boring. Not too stressed out yet. I'm probably going to work MWF, but I might switch that to Thursdays and have a 3 day weekend. Today I actually did the Prop 8 walks to inform people about Prop 8 and to vote yes. It went well and then I watched the BYU football game. Exciting times on my saturday. I'm dunso and don't want to get off my couch now. This is a pretty boring post, but I got to keep the financial backers up to date on my affairs.

No comments: