So I finally saw the musical event of the year this weekend and it was AMAZING!!! I loved it. Bruno came into town this weekend and we spent Saturday morning and afternoon at the Wild Animal Park. It was my first time in 4 years and I remembered how much I love it more than zoos. We saw the feedings of Gorillas, Tigers, Elephants and Giraffes and let me tell you, it makes a difference in the quality of your visit when you plan to see the feedings. The animals get up close and very active. Plus you have someone to ask questions.
I loved the tram that goes around the park and shows all the South African animals. I'm so ready for my safari to Jburg next year and pick up Golden Boy. I even learned what a Springbok is. Its the nickname of the S. African rugby team that won the World Championship this year. Its also a deer-like animal that is really cute and springy. At one point while looking at the lions, Bruno asks "Why do we need to go to S. Africa next year, we already saw all the animals?" Funny, but not true. The cutest thing we saw was a baby elephant running to keep up with the moving herd. His legs were moving so fast and his ears were flapping in the wind. He was part of the herd they shipped here from Swaziland to prevent them from being culled.
We also saw the Bird show with a beautiful Andian Condor. Which made me think why is the California condor so ugly and the Andian so beautiful? We spent so much money preventing the Cali condor from going extinct, but it's really ugly. I fully support preservation and that's what the Wild Animal Park is all about. So GO Califonia Condor!
The 2nd funniest thing we saw was Stephy-Steph playing with the blue Macaw in the Atrium. It was the most amazing blue color. The bird wasn't a performer and was just hanging out when Steph got really close. She would shake her head up and down and then the bird would do the same. Then she would shake her hair all over and the bird would follow suit. It kept us laughing for minutes and Stephy got quite the captive audience. Jeremy didn't think the bird was mimicking Stephy, but I think it was.
Then we drove to L.A. for the WICKED!! It was so awesome. We made final call after hitting way too much traffic. But we had 4th row tickets and the view was AMAZING!! The music was wonderful and the actresses were incredible. My most favorite musical by far. At half-time, as Stephy calls, we got to go to a VIP lounge under the theater and the best thing about it was the bathrooms-no line and the free snacks. At this point Jeremy states that he "definitely hates the music less now." Stephy had already seen it and driven Jeremy nuts with the music.
We had a great time and now I know some more songs other than Defying Gravity, which is still my favorite. Afterwards we walked around Hollywood Blvd and saw some streetwalkers and got some pizza for some post-theatre dinner. There are way too many cars there. It was fun to see all the stars on the sidewalk, but I was ready to leave L.A.
Sunday we had a nice walk on the beach, hit up Stephy's ward and I helped her teach the Sunbeams(3 year olds) They are hilarious and so full of personality. Bruno drove back after sacrament and while walking him out we saw a deer mouse running around the church and scaling the wall. Pretty interesting. Now back to the grind after a great weekend of not studying or doing work. I think that Bruno should come to see us more often.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
1 comment:
So jealous--I want to see Wicked! SOunds like you had a lot of fun :)
Post a Comment