Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to act as maid of honor to my good mission friend Quickhands McGinn now Loveland. I flew in Thursday night and as I boarded a plane, E$ called me to say that Truth was going to the hospital and their girl's night out with Gwen Stefani would be canceled. Truth is alright now. She is allowed to eat a lovely diet of liquids and no running. Truth I said NO RUNNING!!!! So after having a horrible flight, Quickhands picks me up and we are off to having fun. We stayed at her house to-be in Springville and stayed up late talking and reliving all the good times. Friday I ran errands with her and realized that I know Provo far too well for having never lived there. We carved pumpkins for center pieces, picked up rings, and had our mani-pedis.
In the nail shop where we saw the mouse, the MAN who did my feet asked if he could remove the callouses on my feet. I said no, that I was saving them for later. He didn't get the joke and took a razor to my feet. It's weird to see chunks of flesh flying off and not bleeding. Because one would assume that flying chunks of flesh=bleeding or at least pain. But no pain was felt and nails and toes were perfect. My first mani-pedi since before the mission.
Friday night we stayed at the Marriott in Provo, where the Colorado St football team was as well. They were very green with their hats, shirts and pants. The craziest thing was running into a former elder we served with in Italy staying there as well. I'm told it happens all the time in Provo, but for a California girl like me, that's crazy!
Saturday was a beautiful day and she looked great. We had a breakfast at the White Willow in Provo. A lovely Victorian home/reception hall. After stuffing my face with crepes, I gave a toast and then her family plus myaelf did a musical presentation. See Alma's blog for more details on the musical presentation.
They were married at the Provo Temple and no one else was there. It was so nice and the pictures will turn out wonderful, I'm sure. Then we went to the Springville Art Museum and set up. They had some great food that her family spent the last 2 days cooking. Yummy salmon and tri-tip and hummus yummness. I worked some in the kitchen and got an apron with the 2 of them stenciled on it and for wedding favors they gave away Canadian chocolate bars with stencil on it. I love things Canadian. I even bought some Red River Cereal in Provo.
After a wonderful evening of working with her family and making sure there was enough desserts, I called it quits and headed out with Megs. I stayed with her on Saturday night and got to get to know her new husband. He's a great guy and also served in Rome. So they speaka da italian together. We had a great lunch of ribs that Megs cooked. It was good to see her. She's just good peeps and good for my soul. She was kind enough to take me to the airport and I headed home.
It was a short trip, but so much fun. Alma did great and is so happy for her. Mike is wonderful and hopefully will make copies of his Muppets and Fragal Rock video collections. Overall an excellent adventure.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
1 comment:
It was my best wedding to date, and you did so much to make it perfect. Thanks for everything!
Post a Comment