Saturday, August 25, 2007

Victoria CANADIA!!!






Yeah, I spelled it wrong and Canadians hate that joke I make. I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Victoria on the Vancover Island with Bruno. His company paid for me to come join him after my final in stats, and true to my theory, when I have a vacation around my final or test I do much better and I did awesome on that final. Then I spent the next 9 hours traveling to Victoria and reading Harry Pothead. We stayed that the best hotel, the Empress by Fairmont. Built in 1904 and so nice and right on the water where there was a dragonboating competition the whole weekend!!! Friday Bruno had meetings so I went to Buchart Garden and took a exorburant amount of photos with my new wand. It's called a Quickpod and it allows you to take a better picture of yourself so your arm isn't in the photo. All the tourists loved it and wanted to know where to get one.
We also went to the BC Museum and saw a great exhibit on the Titanic. There were so many things that went wrong and I learned a lot like before they wrote SOS it was CQD which meant Come Quick Disaster and that the closest boat to the Titanic didn't respond or come to help them. And the life vest were made of cork, so everyone floated, but died of hypothermia.
We also went to Cosco to see if it was any different. It's the same, but more European. We tried some fries with gravy and cheese curdles and they were yummy. Then we went to a nice dinner at the hotel for the work people and had salmon and steak and sat next to some Mormons. How funny was that? Then we took a nice walk on the bay and saw the Parlament building with all the Christmas lights.
Saturday we went whale watching and saw a huge humpback whale come right up next to the boad and swim right by us. My outfit of choice was a bright orange jumpsuit with stuffed arms and legs that kept me warm with customized lettering that read, "Prince of Whales." Needless to say, I looked good and after 3 hours on the water, my hair was incredible. Then for the best part of the trip we drove up the coast and I went bungy jumping. It was so awesome. The bridge was 140 feet up above a river and I told the workers I wanted to touch the water with my fingertips and I went about waist deep. But looking down was the scariest thing ever and I walked over to the edge quickly so I wouldn't talk myself out of it. When they counted down and said "Bungy" I did a beautiful swan dive. Well, not so beautiful, but it was fun and scary at the same time. It was really crazy and I can't believe I did it. But I will try to post the video so you all can enjoy. I had no idea I was going bungy jumping that day when I got dressed, so the white pants and nice sweater did the best they could.
That night we went to see Spiderman 3 and WOW that was a snooze fest. About an hour into the film I mention this to Bruno and he said he already paid so I was going to stay for the whole thing, but I don't ever need to see that again. Sunday we went to the "castle" yeah, its some rich guys house and not worth the 12$ to get in, we didn't go in and just took a picture. The we saw an IMAX film about Safaris in South Africa. I'm just getting ready for my own safari and needed to do some research. Can't wait for that trip:) Then we headed home where I finished Harry Pothead and read almost every moment on the way home. It was a really fun trip and BC is so beautiul this time of year. The rain didn' really bother me and running in the mornings was so much fun, espcially with my new wand. Love to take pics of myself. Well here are some the photos

3 comments:

tjcool18 said...

I love Victoria! Your pictures make me very jealous. I can't believe you went bungy jumping!

Cicada said...

You are the most vacationy person that I know. Please bring the wand to Provo on November 3rd. That is the first of your duties.

Ryan Bell said...

That's not a humpback whale, it's a sculpture. I'll let it slide because you are from Stockton.