Saturday, August 25, 2007

4 is not 7


So I tried making some more wheat bread this week and honestly it is the best one I have made yet. And unlike the other loaves that I have made, this loaf was felt only like 4 lbs. The others felt more like 7 and if thrown through a window, it would definitely do some damage. But this one was fluffy and not so "hearty" as one roommate pointed out. Thanks Pamcakes. But my quest for the best wheat bread ever has been temporarily halted due to the fact that I am all out of wheat flour. So I need to get on that. We'll see how that works out now that I am in school. But I will try my best to do the best I can in my quest and gladly accept offers to grind my wheat. That sounds like some sort of pick-up line, but it's not.

4 comments:

tjcool18 said...

I know who I am going to run to when a natural disaster hits.

Cicada said...

So now that you've eaten all your food storage in preparation for moving across the country, are you going to rebuy everything?

Those wheat pancakes you fed us were about 7 pounds each. Enough to keep me satisfied throughout the whole day...

soybeanlover said...

dang, you are master! I have no idea how to make wheat bread. Though if you want I have a wicked cool recipe for whole wheat pancakes.

Designing Woman said...

Congrats on the lighter and fluffier bread! Also, I just wanted to officially let you know that I have linked to your blog :)