

Last weekend some friends of mine convinced me that the perfect way to study for a test was a road trip, so after I made my best effort to resist the devils, I finaly succumbed to the peer pressure. Lisa G had a cheap hotel in SF if she attended a conference where they try to sell her time shares, so I figured why not? We left Thursday night and headed to the Garcia's of Rancho, because every good trip needs some huevos rancheros to get the party started. Plus I was finally able to watch an episode of Sherlock Holmes and fall asleep like Lisa does when she goes home. It's elementary my dear Watson! The next day we cruised on up to Stockton where Ruthie was anxiously awaiting our arrival for the best walk on the delta ever. Ruthie and I normally run that route, so it seems so much shorter than that. But it was long and the magnetic pointer I brought could only bring us so much distraction. We called some good family friends to see if they wanted to take us out on their boat and in the middle of the walk TJ and I ran the rest in the worst shoes ever so that we could get him a swim suit. My heels were all bloody, but the boat riding was well worth my loss of blood.
Judd has never been boating so we tried to get him up on a board, but to our dismay he could not point his toes that well=couldn't get up. I just don't understand. I got in some good jumps with crazy mad air, like so high you can't believe. The real fun was the tubing. We got TJ, Judd and myself on a tube and Dave Bird took us for a ride. We ploted to get Judd thrown off and it worked like a charm. He didn't stand a chance. We had a great BBQ dinner that Ruthie won't stop talking about to this day on how good the potatoes and grilled peaches were. Good times in the 209!!
The next day we went to San Francisco and rented scootcars to drive around town. Wearing a helmet and seatbelt didn't make feel any safer in those deathtraps. At one point I realized I could brake better by sticking my foot out of the car, then by using the brake(which took about 10 seconds to catch and slow down the car.) The best part was Judd using his white skin to scare off the other drivers of real cars so that they wouldn't come to close to our bumper car. You might think that the big white spot is the light from the flash. It's not.
Our hotel was the best thing. We asked for 2 beds and when we got to the room, its a corner room and I remember saying, "Oh good, it's a corner room. Corner rooms are always bigger." Nope, they're not and infact they have one less bed than you thought. So we had one bed. Sleeping spots were tight that night. I did enjoy taking a shower and seeing the trolley cars go by. The next morning TJ and I had to meet up with Steph and Jer to get a ride back to San Diego, so we at breakfast on the 8th floor of the Macy's in Union Square at the Cheesecake factory. So yummy delicious. BART was a real treat and the ride home was full of fun conversation and life threating moments thanks to Steph's driving.
So the question you might be thinking is "Did Julia study?" I infact did and I felt good about the test. We will find out tomorrow if I did well. If I do, then it is the 2nd time I went on a trip before a test. Last time I went to Costa Rica the week before finals and rocked them. If it works out again, I wonder where I will go next time???
4 comments:
Sounds like you've worked out a good system! And what better places than SF and Costa Rica--wow!
Come to Springville the next time before finals! For reals, we'll have to work out a yearly trip to Utah for you...
Wow that looks like so much fun? But did I read correctly that you only had one room with 2 guys and 2 girls? Just how cozy were those sleeping arrangements?
Keep the good times rolling.
HAGS
I'm confused.... How did Lisa G and Judd get home then?
p.s. and what they heck's up with this stupid word verification thing?!
Post a Comment