Friday, March 5, 2010

Quilting My Heart!

My project for the last month and half has been making quilts. I signed my family up for Disney's Give A Day and Get a Day program. Basically for every quilt made, someone would get a Disney ticket. I made 8 quilts for Karing for Kids a Utah organization that works with 3 different kids programs. Kudos to Disney for getting people out there and serving. They will be giving away 1 million tickets and they are almost out of tickets.

It has been a busy time for me, but I was glad to have something to do. I will send each family member on their birthday with a picture of the quilt that was donated in their honor. Doesn't that sound like a great gift?
It did feel a little like the Seinfeld Episode where George gets a Christmas gift of a donation to a children's fun. Then he creates the Human Fund to get back at that gift giver. Only this organization in Utah really does exist. http://www.utahkids.org/

I finished this week and wanted to thank all of those who have helped by donating fabric, tying knots(some struggled with this) and especially the Roomie who put up with the constant mess and sewing machine noises. Here are some pics:







Big Thanks to the Ward for helping me tie the quilts.



I'll still continue to make quilts, but it's time for a break for the next few months.

3 comments:

Truth said...

Great quilts! You did a great job. I am pretty sure I made one of those...

lisa c. said...

you are amazing!! i am so impressed at all those quilts, i can't believe how fast you can whip those out!

xiaolong13 said...

The polka dot one is my favorite. :)