Sunday, February 7, 2010

NYC BABY!!!!

I just got home from the trip of the year! I finally took Lisa D. from high school up on an open ended offer to stay with her on the Upper West Side of NYC. I flew in Wednesday night and had a great time. Here is some evidence of said great time.

Catching up with Cousin Mary and her husband Ram after a great concert of Dan Torres and Martin Rivas at Joe's Pub.

Dinner with the girls after the concert at the wonderful Cafe Orlin.

The Castle in Central Park. Why yes! It was cold and windy!

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge getting crazy like the tourist I am!.

A painting by my favorite artist Caravaggio. I spent almost all day at the Met taking 5 tours. Yes, I am a museum nerd.

Photo op with Lisa D in Central Park.

Grimaldi's Pizza in Brooklyn! The pizza was amazing and the cannoli was even better! I love food!

Times Square Hershey's Store. I had to take a pic with all the NYC classics. I left out the Olive Garden, Chevy's and Sbarro Pizza! Only in New York!

The ceiling of the Ellis Island Building. I loved the pattern! I spent hours just roaming around and appreciating all the history of that place. I love America!

More Times Square loving.

Statue of Liberty.

Ferry to Statue of Liberty. Met my girl from Gabriela and we became professional photographers by the end of that tour.

Knicks game! I love Bball and the arena was everything I had hoped for and more.

View from the MOMA of the city.

I loved just walking around the town, using the subway, people watching and hitting up all the museum. The only bad thing was that I had bad food until Saturday at Grimaldi's Pizza. But it totally made up for the crappy food. Thanks to Lisa D. for a great trip, so much fun. I love friends. Now the question is who should I stay with next time I have to take a furlough day?

4 comments:

soybeanlover said...

Seriously, who couldn't love Caravaggio. Once the direct flight starts up again in May, we'll be a hop, skip, and a jump away!!

hairofgold said...

I've never been to Japan! I should come visit!

The Editor said...

Oh Giulia! I'm so glad you had such a happy trip. Looks like you covered a lot of ground. And I also love it that you went nuts at the Metropolitan Museum. If only I could have tagged along! You're right; NYC is a GREAT place to visit. Would you want to live there? It's been a great place for Mary and Annie. I loved the picture of you at the Castle in Central Park. That is a really fun observation spot and garden folly, isn't it? One of your relatives, Frederick Law Olmsted, was the creator/designer of Central Park. Your ancestry on Nana's side is lousy with New England Laws, Olmsteds and Bulls.

xiaolong13 said...

Did I know you went to NYC? Fun times!