Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Holidays in NorCal

It's about time I updated this thing. Life has been super busy and fun. I still work for the Health Department and LOVE my job. I can't believe how much I really enjoy it. There are a lot of outbreaks going on and I love working with my co-workers. It's a great place to work.
This last week I was able to go home and enjoy Christmas at home. We did a lot of traveling to Sacramento to visit Stephy and fam, Curtis and Tamara, Lenny, Betsy and the Grandparents. It was great to see everyone. I have a wonderful family and I love them very much.
I received Mastering the Art of French Cooking By Julia Childs from Truth. Funny how that worked out. She asked me what I wanted to cook for Christmas Dinner and I asked if she had the book. Turns out it was under the tree for me. So I got it a little early :)
For dinner I made Lamb, some fabulous potatoes, Ratatouille, garlic gravy, Berry Tiramisu (I even made the Lady Fingers!) It was so yummy and we ate it the rest of the week. I've never had potatoes so fluffy before. It was so much fun. I realized that I need to cook more fun food.
A highlight of the trip was the Kareoke mics that Curtis and Tamara received for Christmas. My all time favorite is Alone by Heart. It has a little bit of everything and I can never say no to that song. We also rocked out to: Wayward Son, Man in the Mirror, Macarena and some holiday classics.
The following are some of the highlights of the trip.

Christmas dinner


Baby Curtis is not really a baby anymore.

He's a pirate!

And he's such a happy pirate too!

Too Cute! The mommas on the bus go SH SH SH

Fun times on the twirly playground equipment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Found your blog on JW's blog! Fun fun!!!!!!! Good to see you. You are looking great!