Well, I've had some new changes in my life recently. After graduating from school, I moved to Utah for employment and what I thought would work out, didn't. But after working at my new job for 2 weeks and doing quite well at it, I am quitting tomorrow. Why you may ask? Because I have just been offered my dream job. A job in the field that I've wanted to work in since I was 17 years old and read a college course catalog describing a course. Followed by the release of a movie called Outbreak. I knew this was what I wanted to do. So now I will be the new food borne epidemiology for the state of Utah. So what does that mean?
Well, for any case of food borne disease that tests positive at any lab in Utah, I'll review the case and look into possible clusters and outbreaks. I have always had a love for the microbes and now I'll have my chance to get to really learn and love diseases of diarrhea. Bring on the Salmonella!! I can't wait. Here comes the 4 day work week and SNOWBOARDING FRIDAYS!!! It was a hard decision and having so many options has made it difficult to make decisions. I have a love hate relationship with options. Sometimes too many options is not good at all.
Another area that I've had to make a decisions is which YSA ward to attend. After searching for weeks, I've find the perfect fit for me. I am really excited to start attending regularly and being in a ward family again. There are tons of people and lots of fun activities to participate in. I can hardly wait for all the good times. Thanks goodness I found this ward now before the summer ended.
Things here are great! One lesson that I've relearned is that what I thought I wanted isn't always what's best. There is always something better out coming my way as long as I keep planning and trying. Because if you never try, you'll never succeed. Hope you all keep trying and succeeding!!!
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
5 comments:
Thanks for your post and reminding me that while life doesn't always follow our plan, it turns out fabulous if we keep trying and doing right! Congrats on the dream job, that's awesome! Why not go for the dream job, go big or go home I believe you once said:)
I will join you on one of the those snowboard (skiing for me) Fridays. Congrats on the dream job. There is always an upside to things and events if you look hard enough.
Keep smiling and enjoy Utah.
You should rename your blog to "I Practically Live In Heaven" now that you live in the land of Zion :)
LOL. So true MnM!!! Consider it done!
I am so happy for you--that does sound like a cool job! Snowboard a lot for me this winter. NC snow just isn't the same. . . Or NC mountains, for that matter.
Post a Comment