Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Vacation

This year I have been having the most wonderful summer vacation of which I was so deserving after the thesis. As part of the summer festivities I had to say goodbye to some wonderful friends in San Diego as I have moved away from the sand and sun. I'm now in Stockton on my migratory path to the Mormon Mecca. Stopping in my hometown, I've had a lot of fun. So far I've done a lot of hot yoga, bike riding, frozen yogurt eating and tennis playing. Last Saturday was my first tennis tournament ever and I had a great time. I played 4 matches and was in the cutest tennis skirt all day long! I even won a couple of matches to top it off. Truth and her mixed doubles partner won the consolation bracket(they were the #1 losers) and got a bag. I received nothing of monetary worth, but I did learn a lot about the rules, which was priceless.
Also during my summer vacation I have been job hunting and I'm excited to report that I have my first interview tomorrow, so I've been preparing for that. The job searching has not been as horrid as I thought it would be, but I still technically don't have a job, still, I'm really good at filling out applications. To further the delight of summer vacation I have been quilting. I have finished the top of a quilt I should have finished 1 year ago and started on another quilt with an astral theme. So lots of stars, navigational devices and open seas. I think this was inspired by my new favorite television show "Whale Wars." The guy who started Greenpeace, got voted out because his methods were too "extreme" so he started a new program "The Sea Shepards." I'm a huge fan and have always wanted to join Greenpeace and now someday hope to join this even more extreme group.
I've plans for some wonderful vacations. I will be going to Wyoming to raft the Snake River in July, going to a family reunion in Oregon also in July and hopefully going to Seattle to live it up at the Microsoft village. Also, that trip to Peru keeps calling my name, we will see how the job hunting goes. I look forward to experiencing my first Pioneer Day celebration in the motherland. (I heard it's bigger than the 4th of July out there.)
I just remembered I didn't post any pics from graduation weekend. That will be my next post. So goodbye SD and hello real world with a real job!

1 comment:

soybeanlover said...

Woo hoo! We'll be in the 'promise land' then too. Can you say fireworks?