Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pirates are my new IT thing!

For some reason, amongst all of my items to do and consistent checking of facebook, I have a new addiction. PIRATES!! I first read about them in my favorite magazine and have been hooked ever since. The story is just too good! My roommate even sent me this link. http://www.icc-ccs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=308&Itemid=10 Which has weekly update on all the piracy movements of the WORLD!!! But what's the big deal you might ask? Well about 1,000 Somali pirates, who've been terrorizing the sea lanes of the Indian Ocean and living like sultans, are still holding 14 ships and about 250 crew members as of November 24, 2008. We're talking oil tankers, yachts of uber rich guys to fishing vessels. You name it, these guys steal it.



How cool is that? Sure their country is basically dying and millions of people are starving and homeless, but they're FREAKIN" PIRATES! I can't stop giggling with excitement just thinking about it. I really don't know why I'm so excited about it, but just knowing that there are pirates again, makes me feel all warm and tingly.

1 comment:

kim said...

Steve would agree with you one-hundred percent. NOt sure if you were in the Del Mar 4th branch yet when he declared in testimony meeting that if he wasn't a member of the church, he'd be a pirate, but yeah, he's a little obsessed with the whole idea as well.