Valentine's Day, for many, is a day of "Single Status Awareness Day." This was the first year that I had heard that phrase and to be completely honest I had a great Valentine's Day. I might have been a couple lovers short for the normal festivities of a dinner and flowers, but the good times abounded during this day.
To start it all off, I made chocolate-covered pretzels with Stephy and Jerry on Tuesday. After 4 hours and 3 colors of chocolate later we had plenty to pass out to all of our "loves." On Wednesday I passed some of the chocolate and Valentine's out at work and people were actually shocked that I gave them something and that I made them the pretzels. I mean really shocked that I did that. Not that I'm trying to brag, but what is this world coming to where we get shocked when people do/give us nice things. The funny part is one of my co-workers got such a complex about receiving a gift that she went to the store and bought me something. How crazy is that? She couldn't take a gift without giving one back.
Thursday, the actual day of love, I rocked my classmates world by handing out Disney princess Valentines with their names written on them. They loved them and I loved handing them out in class. One girl commented on how she wanted to get some, but thought that no one else would bring them and she didn't want to look like a fool. Yeah, I'm that fool.
I also gave out some of the pretzels to my classmates and they ate them in class, which made me laugh because I didn't have enough for everyone, so I just gave them to people I was closer to. So I gave them the pretzels discretely and then they just ate them in front of the others anyways. I didnt give my teachers Valentines because I think that would be weird. They're boys and don't even know my name. One of them I don't even like, so he definitely wasn't going to get one.
Is that mean? I should have given him one.
That night I had a sleep over because my friend from school got snowed out of her house and couldn't go to Julian. It was my first sleepover of the new year and I think it went very well. We went to a lady's valentine party and had yummy food and great conversation. Decorated some delicious cookies and honestly it was one of my favorite Valentine's Day ever. Plus she helped me with my homework that was due the next day.
I had a great day hanging with school mates, roommates and friends. The way San Valentino would have wanted to be. Having been to la cappella di San Valentino in Terni Italy where he is buried, and getting to understand better San Valentino, I think he would have approved of my day and how I shared my love.
The Perfect Gift...No, Really...
10 years ago
1 comment:
That's good that you're an expert on San Valentino. Glad you had a good day.
Post a Comment