Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Summer of Golden Hair

Summer has already hit me, well, the feeling of freedom and slight golden skin tone at least. I still have 1 more presentation, 1 paper, 1 take home final and 1 in class final. Other than that, I'm free to do whatever I want. Recently I have added a number of activities to my list of things to do. This includes:
1) Sailing. I have another lovely day on the open sea tomorrow afternoon thanks to the Navy and Big Red. It feels so right, I just couldn't say no.

2) Tennis. I have made a goal to play twice a week to work on serving and to beat Philly Boy. He's a punk anyways who talks a lot of smack and doesn't read this blog so I can say whatever I want about him. I can't wait to play him soon at high elevations. I will be playing some tennis tomorrow morning.

3) Bikram Yoga. For those of you who don't know, this is the sweaty yoga where the room is 90 degrees and you sweat A LOT!!!! I have never had that much sweat on me before, but I love the intense stretching and strength building. I have a week pass so I will be going everyday until Tuesday, when my normal workout routine will resume. I'd just like to take this moment right now to thank my parents for putting my in gymnastics growing up. I am so flexible because of those 4 years and even though I was too tall to compete at an international level, it has enabled me to have "excellent inner strength" according to my instructor today. Yeah, that felt like a gold star to me too.

4) Golf. I have never been 'real' golfing. I've gone to the putting green and driving range, but never the real deal. This Saturday is my big coming out party. I hope it goes well. "I hope I don't suck too bad" really is my mentality. I'm sure all this yoga will help with my lower back. I hear that really hurts golfers.

5) Crafting. Since none of my school friends read this I can say that I am making animal print scarves for them all. I think it will be a huge success. I am especially excited to see the pink snake skin scarves, they have so much potential. Also, I am learning to craft something else, but can't state what at this time because of some of my readers and the upcoming festivities for those who have procreated.

6) Babysitting. Since the nephew is a great distraction for the lil' sista's studies I will be babysitting 'Auntie J style' as needed. So far we have ran on Mission Bay, swung in the swings and gone fabric shopping. He loved it and I even changed a diaper. That makes it twice on this kid for me. He had so much fun, sista told me he cried when I left. I think next time we'll go to Rosies' and really live it up.

7) Live it Up! I don't have much more time here, so everyday is planned to the fullest. Really it is. I quit the job so now have a lot more time to do all the fun things that San Diego has to offer. Finally, I will enjoy this city with no stress and no worries. Anyone up for a good time let me know and we can definitely make some plans.

2 comments:

lisa c. said...

Take me! I need to live it up too!

Designing Woman said...

Julia, I love you. I am a definitely ALWAYS up for a good time and adventures with you....take me (and Lisa came come too).