Monday before Memorial Day weekend I get a call from my dad who has decided that it would be fun to go to Boise to see my cousin Ken's wedding. Having never been to all parts of Idaho except Boise I accepted his offer to pay for my plane ticket to Sacramento so that we could drive from there to Boise. I was in charge of a bridal shower, but was able to go setting it all up beforehand. (Side note: I first wrote "bridle shower" which made me laugh because that would have been one crazy party for the horses.) The drive wasn't bad and we did NOT get a ticket which is incredible for these two drivers. My favorite part is when my dad would tell ME to slow down, like he should talk at all on this subject. I think he has more tickets than I do years on this planet.
On the border between Nevada and Oregon(crazy to think we went to 4 states in one trip) there was an accident and the highway was shut down for hours, but we only had to wait for a while. But the crazy thing was when we drove by the accident the asphalt was burnt. A SUV hit a semi and burned. We got into town that morning at 2 and then the next day we explored the town.
I must say I was thoroughly impressed with Boise. It had some tall buildings and a nice downtown area. We stopped by the temple and also checked out the field at Boise State. They have blue astroturf, but a really weird blue. The stadium was locked up so we walked around and found a constuction site that had some holes in it. The field was crazy blue and I'm told they have problems with ducks landing on it in and dying, because they think that it's water.
That night we went to Ken's wedding. It was very nice and it was great to see some of the cousins whom I probably haven't seen in 10 years. Aunt Margaret is always a hoot to hang with and overall it was a very nice wedding. One thing I really liked was that they took polaroid pictures as you walked it and then they gave you a sheet to fill out for their scrapbook. Great idea, maybe you could use this Quickhands come November.
There is one picture of a new friend I made at the wedding. His name was Rod. We immediately hit it off and if he wasn't so busy with his band, I'm sure it would've worked out between us. He was a great date to the wedding and I will miss him a lot. Please notice the pink glove, its what I first loved about him.
1 comment:
As long as you throw me a bridle shower...
I like your new boyfriend, too, by the way.
Post a Comment