Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Day at the Races!!!



Last week Truth and I ran the SLC Half Marathon. It was so much fun, really the most fun I've had in a race. It was probably due to the following facts:

1) Perfect weather. Not too hot or too cold.
2) Race start with Philly Boy. The kid ran it with no ipod, not a whole lot of preparation and finished with a smile on his face in 3:35.
3) Saw some friends along the way. Special shout out to the Davis family and kudos to Alex for running the whole thing.
4) Well prepared. I actually prepared this time, so I had a lot of energy and trained hard.
5) Well rested. I slept like a baby the night before. That's probably because I put Truth on the pull out and Philly on the air mattress. I wasn't playing around.
6) Yummy treats. I am a huge fan of the Shot Blocks for all my nutritional needs during a race. Tastes so great.
7) Great music. I now remember why the marathons were so long and hard, they didn't allow ipods or headphones during the race. No wonder it was so brutal. My last 30 minutes of music were AMAZING!
8) Downhill course. Most of the course was downhill, which was a huge help. But there was one part near the end up State Street that was horrible. I wish I could wash that memory from my mind.
9) Great After Meal. Had a friend with a hook up to the VIP breakfast above the finish line at the SkyBox. Ate bacon and eggs while we watched marathons finish and then fall over. Great time.
10) Truth visit. These are always fun and I'll as many races as it takes to keep her coming out.

I want to volunteer at a race and be one of the people who catches marathoners after they finish and put medals around their necks. I think I would be very good at that.

3 comments:

kim said...

Good job on the race! I love it when I finish and actually feel good about the whole thing :) And I love a good downhill course--haven't really had any of those out here, although the one I did on Saturday at least ended on a downhill which is much appreciated.

Megan Cramer German said...

AUGURI! What an accomplishment! I know you've done it before, but way to keep going back for more! I ran 4 miles today and felt pretty good about myself. Maybe I'll meet you in SLC for the next half marathon you do? That'd be fun! Ciao Bella!

xiaolong13 said...

Wahoo! Well done.